Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday 29 November 2022

Vegan Lip Balm Reviews

I am a self-professed lip balm junky. 

Strangely enough, I have found a lot of people who complain about the lack of vegan lip balms on the market. Truth be told, there's actually a lot on the market, the problem is finding them near you. Ordering online tends to be essential for something like this unless you live in a town that happens to have a vegan store, health food store with good selection or a Whole Foods near you (but even WF's isn't a guarantee since my friend that's in Vegas couldn't find any there until just recently).

I wanted to do a review of all the different ones I have used to give you my honest opinion and maybe give you an idea of where you can buy some for yourself. No beeswax, testing on animals or animal ingredients whatsoever in this blog post. 

Disclaimer: I can't guarantee all of these are still on the market. :) 

Alright, let's get started:



Hurraw!: Hurraw tends to be one of the most well known vegan balms on the market and for good reason. They have a huge selection flavours, scents and protections, including SPF. Their balms smell delicious and feel great on the lips-- non-oily and long-lasting. They also happen to be raw and organic. If you grew up on lip smackers, you won't be disappointed as a vegan with great companies like this around. They also can be ordered right from their website and they ship worldwide too!



Concord Soap Company: This is actually an indie company that I found through Etsy. It was my very first vegan lip balm I used after I first transitioned to veganism and still one of my favourites. They come in a variety of scents and flavours. With great fruity and unique scents. The consistency is smooth and non-oily which is super moisturizing. You can buy their products right from their website or their Etsy shop. They also offer vegan soaps, creams and more.


Merry Hempsters: Merry Hempsters has an extensive organic balm line, including a full vegan lip balm and healing salves. They have 7 vegan lip balm varieties in wonderful scents. They work great, are not oily and go on smooth. You can order right from their website for an affordable price but they are also sold on places like Vitacost.


Ladybug Jane:  Another organic lip balm that leaves smooth lips but what sets Ladybug Jane apart is the AMAZING flavours. Not only do they smell incredible, they TASTE good too! She has a huge selection of flavours that can be ordered from the website.



Out of Africa: Of all the vegan lip balms I have used, I have to say this one is my least favourite. They smell pretty good and the flavours sound appealing but I have never had a lip balm so grainy in my life. It leaves grainy pieces all over my lips. So unfortunately, I give this one thumbs down. If for some reason you still feel like trying them after my poor recommendation, they are available on their website as well as iHerb.com.



Epic Blend: Epic Blend is a Canadian company that offers 2 flavours of vegan lip balm. They smell and work fantastic! It is actually another one of my most favourite lip balms I have used. Soft, smooth and moisturizing for the lips. You can order directly from their website.


Hugo Naturals: Hugo offers 3 varieties in lovely fruit scents. They are mild smelling and go on smooth. I did find them a little oilier than other lip balms I have used but I still enjoyed them and used the product until finished. Hugo Naturals also makes lots of vegan body products, perfumes and more. Everything can be ordered from their website.


All Natural Face:  I am a huge fan of the All Natural Face and have used many of her products, so it was natural for me to try the lip balm. All her products are vegan and very natural. The lip balm felt great on the lips, I just wasn't overly fond of the flavour, chocolate mint, in which I chose. Other than that, it was smooth on the lips and felt great. You can order her extremely affordable products on her website.


The Fanciful Fox: I received a single lip balm from the Fanciful Fox from a Vegan Cuts box months back. I got it in peanut butter flavour which sounded awesome at the time but I didn't actually care for it. It was extremely mild. The balm itself was okay but not my most favourite I have ever used. She has 9 varieties on her website and offers them for sale there, as well as the Vegan Cuts website.

LUSH: I received LUSH's None of your Beeswax lip balm as a gift. I was extremely excited to try it but was let down severely. The balm is extremely sticky and not hydrating whatsoever. I declare a fail on LUSH's part.


Meow Meow Tweet: Another indie company that came through my Vegan Cuts box. She has 5 varieties of lip balm available, I received the cocoa. I wasn't fond of the extremely natural smell and also found the lip balm chunky and not moisturizing. You can order directly from her website or the Vegan Cuts website.


EcoLips: My dear friend Shannon sent me the lemon-lime vegan lipbalm from EcoLips and guess what? It rocks my world! Moisturizing and smooth and it smells lovely too. They have 3 different flavours of vegan balm you can try and ones with SPF as well.

Crazy Rumours: I will have a full review of the products I have tried soon but until then, I love them! Super moisturizing, they smell amazing and they have so much to choose from.

Surya Basil: I have tried all the flavours and love all but the cinnamon (I have cinnamon sensitivity). They smell great and work really well on dry, chapped lips.

Alaffia: My friend sent me 2 varieties of Alaffia's lip balms, right now I am using the Coconut Pineapple at work and it smells and works amazing, which says a lot because this dry weather kills my skin. It's super moisturizing and feels fantastic on the lips! 

Bare Bones Skincare: No nasty ingredients in this brand. Made by a girl in her kitchen, all vegan and cruelty free. Bare Bones offers a few varieties of lip balms that will get your lips kissable. I have personally tried the Spiced balm and it's lovely, smooth and smells great!    

David's Tea: I was thrilled to see David's Tea carrying vegan lip balm in lots of variety of tea infused scents. Their balm is smooth and leaves your lips feeling lovely. 


Vesper Beauty: I was given this lip balm from my friend from Iowa. I love the lemon scent and it feels great on my lips. I do find like I have to apply quite a bit but it works great otherwise.

 
Bare English & Co.: Received as a gift. The peach scent I recieved is so nice and the lip balm is smooth and moisturizing. Definitely recommend! 


Booda Butter: A gift from a friend. It has a nice smooth consistency but I do find I have to reapply often as it is more of an oily balm. It does moisturizer decently though and totally does the trick!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NstNjrPC8plbn23j7f-JT4W7h2cgbfLs
 
The Body Shop: I recently was visiting my mother in Moncton and I really needed some vegan lipbalm. I hadn't been in The Body Shop for many years, so I went in to see if they carried any. It turns out that everything in The Body Shop is now vegan (except old stock they haven't sold yet). I picked up this lovely tinted lip balm but they also have non-tinted options as well. I love the colour and it feels so nice on the lips! I also love the Shea lip butter! 



  Get moisturizing peaches!🍑


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love the merry hempsters one but then it was no longer available in any stores that I could find in Halifax so I started using something else. Now I use one you didn't review but highly recommend, ecolips bee free lemon lime:) Of course the vegan ones are now also no longer available anywhere here so I order online from their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about Eco Lips. :) Thanks for letting me know. I ordered Merry Hempsters online. I think they have great products for fair prices. I always start to panic when I am getting low on lip balm hahaha!

      Delete
  3. You should also try Samana Natural's Lip Balms. They're Canadian, totally vegan and their products are pretty good. They're growing their line of products, but it's a value for money kind of products that they sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I will totally check them out.

      Delete
  4. Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting ..I appreciate your effort..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! now we have vegan lip balm. Thanks for reviewing these products.

    ReplyDelete